Why Bitney Prep High School?
We inspire high school students to be ready for life and relevant to the world.
With collaborative, experiential, and traditional methods, Bitney equips our students with curiosity, a love of learning, and self direction at our Grass Valley campus.
Bitney aims high academically.
At our Grass Valley campus, our teachers exceed the California State Educational Standards for each discipline. Our staff fosters an atmosphere of collaborative learning using unique and enthusiastic approaches to education, rolling up their sleeves with the students, creating experiences.
STUDENTS ARE KNOWN
Because enrollment is limited, classes are small. Teachers are able to closely monitor the needs, interests, and progress of each student, offering guidance and support along the way.
STUDENTS ARE RESPECTED
Our attitude is one of mutual respect. We recognize the richness and diversity of ideas, attitudes, and backgrounds students bring to our school. Students are challenged to respect themselves and others.
We seek to graduate students who are:
- Well prepared for their next educational challenge
- Effective listeners, writers, and speakers
- Creative in formulating new questions and questioning old formulas
- Intrinsically motivated to continue learning
- Authentic individuals who are confident and purposeful about their future
- Confident, tolerant, and hold strong convictions with integrity
- Responsible global citizens